Monday, November 3, 2008

George Washington: My Hero

Today the teachers spent the afternoon at Mt. Vernon. It was awesome! I still can't believe that I stood in the very house where President Washington lived. One of my favorite parts of the trip was the drive. It was so beautiful. I have decided that someday I will be moving Alexandria, Virginia.



The backside of the 11,000 sqaure foot mansion



Melissa and me standing on the front porch of the mansion overlooking the Potomac River



Check out the beautiful fall colors

5 comments:

Auger Family said...

Sweet pics! It looks like you are fulfilling your dreams! :)

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

I absolutely loved DC when I went. We didn't get to go to Arlington and I was really bummed then, so now I'm extra bummed. But the Holocaust museum was too much for me like some of your students. I didn't know you were going out there, how fun for you! Is it one of those school trips you can sign up for? Look at you Wend, being a big teach! It sounds like you're living it up! Have fun out there and be safe!

Jace and Ash said...

WOW, I bet you are having a blast. It was nice seeing you at Club. I had a great time and can't wait tell next month. Hope your having a swell time.

Amanda said...

Looks like you're having so much fun. Wish I was there!

Kandas said...

What a fun trip... I want to hear more and know exactly what I should see while I am there. We will chat!!!