I hate to brag, but I've just got to. I have the most amazing mom in the world! My mom has spent the last five months working on this incredible blessing dress for Lilly. I can't even tell you how many hours of love (hundreds) went into this enormous project. Her house, her sleep, and nearly all of her own precious spare time was sacraficed to complete the dress. She is truly the most determined person I know. When she puts her mind to something there is no stopping her. She began the project having never knit any kind of lace and has since become a real expert. There were numerous times that she visited local (well, if you call SLC and Ogden local) knitting shops looking for some help only to find that she knew more than any of the so-called experts. Thank you mom for a beautiful dress that will always remind Lilly and me of of the selfless, determined, and amazing mother/grandma that you are!



Lilly's blessing day turned out perfect. She looked gorgeous in her dress, Gub did a great job on the blessing, and we got to enjoy a warm and beautiful afternoon at the park with friends, family and great food! Thank you to everyone who came to share the special day with us!











Monday, June 7, 2010
Lilly's Blessing
Posted by Wendi at 3:45 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh my gosh! That is THE most beautiful blessing dress I have ever seen. Your mom is amazing. Lilly looked so precious in it too. What an exciting day. I am sad we missed it. Oh and how do you just pop a baby out and don't even look like you gained an ounce of weight? Seriously? Can't wait to see you guys this summer. Can you tell Lilly to stop growing until I get there?
I love the way the pink flowers turned out! It looks perfect! Good job Judith! Wend, let me know if you're mom bought into my offer for the booties...baby's almost here and I would love to have them for her new born pictures...not the day she's born but a couple weeks old ya know...if she doesn't want to do it I totally understand no pressure:) But the dress did turn out absolutely gorgeous! You are so lucky to have your mom! But don't worry she passed on plenty of those good traits to you and I'm sure Lilly too! Oh yah, I totally forgot I was doing a part in the lesson on Sunday, otherwise I would have been there. So sorry Wend, but it looks like it turned out great!
What a beautiful dress! So sorry we missed the blessing! We were just about dressed and ready to leave and Bentley just had a melt down spiked a fever and started puking! So needless to say babies tend to throw a kink in things :( Looks like it turned out very nice!
I love Lilly's blessing dress! You do have a great mom to spend all that time on one project.
That dress is GORGEOUS! Way to go Judith, you are amazing! She should start a little business, I would totally buy stuff! Lilly is so pretty and precious, it looks like you had a fun day!
What a cute mom! That is adorable and I can't even imagine how long it took! It's beautiful!!!
Glad to hear the blessing went well. She is too cute in all those pics.
Such a beautiful dress! Looks like a fun day!! :)
Post a Comment