Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The Latest

I've decided that I need to do better at updating my blog. Not because anyone else cares about my ordinary life (not that there's anything wrong with ordinary. In fact, I'm perfectly happy with ordinary), but because time seems to moving way too fast and it scares me. Because it's the writing that I detest, I'm taking a cue from some of my blogging friends (thanks Whitney and others) and making it a goal to at least jot down a quick list of what's going on in my life. A run-down, so to speak, of the latest happenings, even if they are boring and ordinary. Hopefully I can keep it up!

1. I love, love, love being a mom.
2. Lilly is officially giggling and reaching for things.
3. Gub is having his knee scoped on Monday.
4. Preparing for the big Rodeo fundraiser next week.
5. I think I lost a nursing pad at the grocery store today. Oops. Is that what those sticky things are for?
6. It's barely noon and I've already had two cans of Diet Pepsi.
7. Wishing I were better at finishing projects.
8. Finally going to check out the cake store on Main Street today.
9. Lilly is waking up three times a night again and it's killing me! No amount of sleep makes up for getting up every 2-3 hours. She had been sleeping the entire night or waking just once so it must be a growth spurt or something. I hope she gets back into the groove.
10. So excited my bff is in town.
11. I've tried several times, with no success, to give Lilly a bottle. I knew I should have started earlier but life just got in the way. I'm really worried about what will happen when I go back to work. Meagan promises that she won't tell me how bad she cries on that first day.

4 comments:

A New Life Student said...

I love it! I should try doing this too. I have a ton of friends that do this and it really does seem like a good way to quickly say what's been going on. Knee scope? Ouch! Diet Pepsi? Sounds like me. BFF in town? YESSSS! Hope Lilly starts sleeping again!

J and Stac said...

Love it!! I think I could take a lesson on how to be a better blogger as well. Hope all goes well with the scope and that Lilly starts sleeping better!! And I'm glad Ash is in town too......with that said I need to see her!!!

Robinson's said...

I am glad that you are blogging!! It totally keeps me upto date on you since I am a bad friend and never text or call. Good luck with Gub that is never fun!

Amanda said...

I love the updates! You all seem to forget so easily that your favorite sister is 300 miles away! I need to know what goes on at home..

Can't wait to see lilly this weekend! Miss you guys!