Since I don't have anything else to blog about here are those recipes that I promised a few of you.
Easy Mint Truffles
- 1 20 oz. pkg. Oreo brand cookies (I recommend the mint)
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- 1 20 oz package milk or dark chocolate chips (Andes mint pieces are delicious too!)
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (.25 ounce) package instant yeast
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or Italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Turn out on a floured surface, and knead just until smooth. Keep the dough soft. Pour 1/2 teaspoon of the oil into a clean bowl. Place the dough in the bowl, turning once to oil the top. Cover. Let rise until doubled, 30 to 45 minutes.
Punch the dough down. Use 1 teaspoon of the oil to coat a baking sheet, and place the dough on the baking sheet. Gently press the dough out to about 1/2 inch thickness. Pour the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil over the top of the dough. Use the handle end of a wooden spoon to dimple the dough at 1 1/2 inch intervals. Sprinkle with the rosemary and the cheese. Place in a cold oven on the center shelf. Place a flat pan of hot water on the shelf below the bread. Let rise until doubled, 20 to 25 minutes.
Turn on the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bake the focaccia for 20 to 25 minutes, or until browned on top. Remove from the pan, and cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.
Marlboro Man Sandwich
(Recipe courtesy of the pioneerwomancooks.com. Check out the details, including helpful pictures, at http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2007/06/marlboro_mans_f/)
- 2 1/2 pounds cube steak (tenderized round steak that’s been extra-tenderized),
- 2 Sliced onions
- 1-2 Green Peppers (Not included in the original, but they make it sooo much better!)
- Butter
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- Worcestershire sauce
- Tabasco
- Deli Rolls
- Cheese (Also not included in the original, but it makes it extra tasty! Swiss, provolone or mozzarella are all delicious options.)
While the onions are cooking, go ahead and slice the meat into strips. Tenderizing has given the meat a directional grain - you’ll want to slice against—or perpendicular to—the grain. Season the meat with a nice sprinkling of Lawry’s.
Transfer the onions from the skillet to a plate. Add 2 Tablespoons butter to the same skillet. Turn the heat to high. Let the butter melt and begin to turn brown, about two minutes. You’ll want the skillet to be hot. Now add the meat to the hot skillet in a single layer. Do not stir. Let it sit for about a minute, or long enough for one side to turn brown. Using a spatula, flip the meat to the other side. Once the meat is brown, generously add Worcestershire sauce. Start with about 1/2 cup. Next, add Tabasco to taste. Stir to combine. Then add another 2 tablespoons of butter to finish off the sauce. Stir in onions, mix and cover.
Toast deli rolls. Spoon on mixture, add cheese and enjoy!

5 comments:
Those truffles were the best!!!!! thanks for bringing them to club!! Unfortuantly im not even going to try the recipe because I know i'll destroy them!! My husband would be so proud of me if I did them, but again, I know if I try, then i'll screw em up and then i'll be the world worst betty crocker ever!
p.s. if I try i'll let you know, but....next time you make some let me know for a taste! thanks again!
have fun at school this week!
Thanks Wendi It is always great totry new things. Its a good thing my kids don't mind!
Do you realize we are going to be related soon!! How fun!! Yes, I saw your brother up at park city last weekend with his fiance, nick's neice or cousin.....whatever.....Haley. They are a cute couple!! Oh and dont worry, your brothers dance moves are radical!!! hahahahah, i'll have to tell you all about it! hahah. Hope school is going good!!
Ok miss crafty!!! Look at you trying all these new things! I need to take some pointers from you :)
So I just found your comment..
I started school yesterday, and my job 'training' today. We aren't officially working for a few more weeks, the office isn't quite ready yet. But how is school going? Did you get all the bad students again.. I'm glad you liked my place! Hopefully you guys all come down soon so you can see it in real life! I miss you all..
Post a Comment