Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Run-down

1. Working is hard. Being a mom is hard. Being a working mom is quadruply hard.
2. Lilly is sitting up, but gets a little tipsy if she leans to the sides.
3. I'm so lucky that while I'm working Lilly is happy, safe and loved at Meg's house.
4. I've been thinking for the last little while about dying my hair red. You know, like auburn red (not brownish maroon). I've been feeling really mommy-ish and have decided I need a big change. The only thing stopping me is the thought of the upkeep.
5. Lilly is a smart one. She has realized that there is no need to take a bottle during the day while I'm at work because she can just keep me up all night to nurse her.
6. I made some really cute candy corn cupcakes today. I love Halloween.
7. Lilly is going to be a witch for Halloween. Grandma Pat bought her an adorable orange and black costume and I can't wait to put her in it.
8. No teeth yet for Lilly and her eye color is still undetermined.
9. Gub is busy as ever with work, baseball, and more baseball.
10. My carpets need to be cleaned SO bad! That's going to be top priority this week. I wish I could afford to replace the carpet in my house with hardwood floors... maybe some day.

6 comments:

J and Stac said...

I'm with you on the hardwood floor thing! I have been dying to get them.....one day, one day. You need to post some new pics of Lilly I haven't seen her for so long!!

Auger Family said...

Thanks for the "run down!" I loved it! Miss you...hope to see youat my house on the 12th!

Amanda said...

You are amazing! I totally look up to you. You are such a hard worker, and a great mom! I don't know how you do it all..

Hope teaching is going great! Those students are lucky to have you!

I am counting down the days till I get up there!! Reserve the weekend for me! Lets plan some fun things to do..

Josh and Brittany Redd said...

I totally agree with you on the working and mommy thing, but they are so worth it. Good thing they are so cute!! I hope school is going well for you. I want to see some new pics of Lilly. If you ever need a babysitter or anything I would love to help out.

A New Life Student said...

Love the update! Lillie is getting so big I can't believe it. I don't know how you do everything you do. Although I would love a little interaction with the "outside world" just thinking about working and taking care of Julia, makes me tired. You're amazing! Can't wait to see you.

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Hope I see you tonight Wend! I keep meaning to come by and visit randomly but I'm never sure which days you're working...and then the mommy tasks tend to take me over, like, well, Rei's hungry so I might as well go home and feed her...or Keizya's tired so I better just take her home and give her a nap...I've got to stop this vicious cycle of home bodiness!!!