So, I've been reading everyone's 100 Things About Me Posts and figured I would give it a try. Here goes...
1. I have a fear of cotton balls. Yes, you read it correctly. I suffer from cottonphobia. Not the fabric, but the puffy stuff that makes cringie (is that a word?) noises when you squeeze it. I liken it to fingers on a chalkboard. My friends and sisters used to chase me with it until I cried.
2. I should be, but I'm not, a vegetarian. I'm really weird when it comes to my meat. To make matters worse, If cook it, I usually can't eat it.
3. I'm officially a "Zoobie." I never thought I would say this, but after Gub playing baseball for BYU and now attending it myself, I actually like it. Go Cougars!
4. I graduated college Magna Cum Laude and I'm dang proud of it!
5. My dream is to some day be a world traveler.
6. I refuse to speak in sacrament meeting.
7. I am a type "A" red personality.
8. I was a bossy child. I have a funny paper that I filled out during my 6th grade SEOP (student education occupation plan) conference. One of the questions asked, What do you want to be when you grow up? My response, "The boss."
7. I hate having the spotlight on me. I didn't want any kind of presentation or program at my wedding dinner or reception (Pat ended up asking my sister Meagan to speak at the dinner and she did a great job).
8. I have always wanted to be skinnier.
9. I talk very loudly. When ever we are at a restaurant or out somewhere Gub has to tell me to speak more quietly, especially if I am with my mom and sisters. I think it embarrasses him, but it doesn't bother me at all.
10. I am not a sappy person and I rarely cry.
11. I don't like to watch movies unless they end "happily ever after."
12. I can't talk without my hands. I like to think that I'm just an expressive person:)
13. I have always been told that I look young but act old for my age. I hated it in high school when everyone told me that I looked like I was 12, but it definitely doesn't bother me now.
14. Gub and I rarely go to the movies. It is hard for me to sit that long.
15. I love history. I love it because the more I learn the more I realize I don't know. I never reach the point where I have learned it all, or even enough. There are no absolutes in history which leaves room for contemplation and plenty of arguments.
16. After much thought and over a year of teaching U.S. government I have decided that I'm a Democrat (well, at least for the time being. This doesn't mean that there isn't room for more thought and consideration). And no, this doesn't mean that I believe in abortion.
17. I am addicted to Diet Pepsi.
18. My favorite quote... "The harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph." - Thomas Paine
19. I am a choc-o-holic. Everything is better in chocolate; cookies, cakes, ice cream, etc.
20. I am a feminist. Tell me something that I can't do because I am a woman and I will show you how I can do it better than a man!
21. I hate to clean bathrooms. Gub and I have worked out a deal...I do the laundry and dishes and I never have to touch the bathrooms. And might I add, Gub cleans a mean bathroom.
22. I'm a perfectionist. If I can't be done my way, the way I like it, then I just won't do it. This is why I don't paint, scrapbook, or keep up on my blog. I don't have time to make sure that it is done to my liking, therefore, it is just better not to do it.
23. I got kicked out of the computer lab this year at school because the lab tech thought I was a student.
24. I don't like to dream.
25. I love Gub's curly hair. I hope we get a few little ones with curls as well.
26. I have never been a fan of cartoons. There were a few that I liked; My Little Ponies, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Bright, Pound Puppies, Care Bears, and Ninja Turtles, but that was about it.
27. I used to come home crying in elementary school because some of the boys called me "shrimp." I was literally so short. I didn't hit a growth spurt until about 6th or 7th grade, but at 5' 3.5" I obviously never grew much.
28. I want to name my first daughter Lillian; my middle name, my mom's middle name, and my grandma Seedall's first name.
29. I spend a lot of time with my family. We always joke around that if you marry into the Wilson family you don't just get one, you get them all.
30. I call Gub, Gub and not Casey
31. It really bothers me that Gub does not know how to share!
32. I want to be just like my mom when I "grow up" - she is amazing.
33. Gub thinks that I am ridiculous because I like to watch MTV, E News, Access Hollywood and most reality shows.
34. I love baseball. Not that I have a choice or anything!
35. I am a low maintenance friend who likes low maintenance relationships.
36. I like to wear heels because my legs are too short.
37. I can't go a week without someone asking if Meagan and I are twins. Sometimes I even get asked if Amanda is my twin.
38. I am a major procrastinator. I do some of my best work at midnight the day before it is due.
39. I have the greatest in-laws.
40. I try on at least two outfits before I choose one and it drives Gub crazy.
41. I've always wished that I could sing. Too bad that I am far from it.
42. If I could sleep until 9:00 or 10:00 every morning then I would.
43. I have to set at least 3 alarms every morning to ensure that I get up.
44. I love school. Not the work and all of the papers, but I love to learn.
45. I should copy and paste Meagan's list because nearly 75% of it is the same.
46. I hate to fold laundry.
47. My cell phone is old and hammered and I don't care.
48. I don't spell very well now that we have "spell check." Sometimes when I write on the white board I have to ask my students for help.
49. Meagan and I write most of our school papers together. Two heads are always better than one.
50. When I get a cough, I get one heck of a cough.
51. I love that Gub is always able to see the best in people. He always gives everyone the benefit of the doubt and never speaks bad of others.
52. I get to live with a fantastic cook. Gub would make a great chef; he is always mixing, combining, and coming up with great new dishes.
53. Gub tells me that I don't pay attention to details but I beg to differ.
54. The thought of getting old freaks me out.
55. I went tanning this month for the first time in more than three years.
56. I have become extremely paranoid about getting wrinkles, hence the reason for my pasty white skin. Avon's eye cream has become my new best friend.
57. I hate when Gub is out of town and I have to sleep by myself.
58. I would love to experience life outside of Utah but would hate to leave family behind.
59. Gub and I can't watch a movie together with out me falling asleep.
60. I like to do homework sitting in front of the TV.
61. I can't get enough carbs.
62. Meagan and I have started coupon shopping and it is really fun!
63. I love being a teacher.
64. I am always right, ask Gub.
65. I am definitely a short hair person.
66. When I buy anything new I usually keep it in the bag with the tags on for at least a week. I usually feel some what guilty and need time to decide whether or not it was a good enough purchase to keep.
67. I don't answer my phone unless I know who it is.
68. My mom, aunt Julie and Amanda pronounce my name Windy, not Wendi.
68. When Gub and I go out to eat I hate to make the decision of where we are going.
69. I could survive off of three restaurants; Brick Oven, Los Hermanos and Cafe Rio.
70. I need a little treat after every meal. I love the .25 cent machines because they give you just the right amount.
71. I have a shoe fetish. Although being a poor teacher makes it difficult to live out my shoe fantasies.
72. My favorite color is green.
73. I wore braces for six long years.
74. I'm working on a Master's degree in Educational Leadership and have actually had the crazy idea that I would also like a PhD. I know, easy to say when there are no kids in the picture.
75. I don't make my bed in the morning but it's not because my mom didn't teach me.
76. I am married to the most dedicated, hard working person ever! Gub is honestly able to achieve anything he puts his mind to.
77. Gub says that I can't make any decisions without first discussing it with my mom and sisters.
78. My current favorite food is Japanese Curry and my dad makes it the best!
79. I love to take naps but don't get to as often as I would like.
80. The month of May is usually miserable for me because of my allergies.
81. I have always wished that I enjoyed running...unfortunately I think it is miserable.
82. I love watching Gub play or coach baseball but I am not a loud fan. I don't like to yell or cheer during the games. I just sit quietly and watch. If you have ever been to a sporting event with my dad then you know why I choose to stay quiet.
83. I love to buy magazines but I mostly just look at the pictures.
84. I'm not a very on-time person but I'm working on it.
85. Someday I'm going to learn how to sew (more than just a straight line).
86. I love to cuddle. Gub likes to cuddle until he is ready for bed.
87. When I sleep alone I sleep diagonally on the bed.
88. I can't sleep with socks on.
89. Gub and I like to work out together. Currently we are attempting a video series called P90X...it's pretty intense.
90. I love flowers. Last year I bought flower boxes for my front window. I used to drive by my house just to look at them. Who knew that flowers could make you so happy?
91. Gub and I have been primary teachers since we have been married; over two years in the nursery and the last year in Jr. primary. I now know why I chose to teach high school.
92. Meagan and I have all sorts of grand ideas for the future; opening a boutique, wedding planners, a specialty restaurant or cafe... maybe someday!
93. I don't bite my nails, I peel them.
94. Gub makes cookies much better than I do.
95. I love Mac'n Cheese, Graham Crackers and milk, Ramen Noodles, and homemade nachos.
96. I never carry cash.
97. I hate when people tap their nails.
98. In 6th grade I played the saxaphone in the school band. I hated it and refused to take it home from school to practice.
99. I have been pulled over many times and usually never get out of the ticket or traffic school.
100. If I had to live off of one food it would be the potato. I love them.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
100 Things About Me
Posted by Wendi at 11:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
hey my email is blackett43@hotmail.com
I love it! I didn't know all those things about you but when I read them I loved it...oh and welcome to the dark side!!!
jaredauger@gmail.com
Your such a cute girl! I had so much fun last night, Im so glad I got to know you!! Oh and that swimming suit....its looks fabulous, even if it did cost you a pretty penny, its worth every dime! Thanks for friendship!! Your blog is hillarious, love the list!! anjarvis06@hotmail.com
Hey Wendi! It's Lindsay (Barney). Just thought I'd say hey and check up on you and Gub. It sounds like all is well with you guys. We have a blog but it is private so send me your email address if you want to look at it-- lindsaybarney@hotmail.com Oh and I would love to be included on your private blog! Keep in touch!
Lindsay
Now you're really a blogger! 100 things? I had trouble when I was tagged to think of 7! I have to say that most of your list would be my list, give or take a few.
For the record, I was not one of the friends that would chase you with cotton balls. Or was I?
Hey Wendi, this is Bit. How are you? Sounds like life is going great for you guys. That is awesome that Gub graduated. That is a big accomplishment. I still can't belive you are a teacher at SFHS. That is so fun!! Anyways, just wanted to say Hi. I would love to join your private blog. My email is kristenwilde83@yahoo.com
Good to see that you got your blog up and going. It is so addicting!
Hey I forgot about the cotton! That's kind of funny. Don't you also hate it when people rub there feet together. It was fun to read cause there were some things I forgot, it ended up reminding me of some funny times
WENDI!!! you cute girl. So I found you blog hopping. I love your #1 on your list. I can't STAND cotton. Just the thought makes me cringe. Who knew??? The same crazy and rare I must say "pet peeve." People think I am nuttso when I tell them I can't touch cotton. How do you feel about styrophome? Oh spelling. And biting the wooden popsicle stick? I have a lot of these. It's so good to see you are good. I feel the same about blogs, mixed feelings for sure. But it's great to peek into peoples' worlds I must say. :)
If you would like to add me I would like to be "in" christykc@msn.com
That was a lot of things to think of but I laughed at a lot of them, i forgot about the whole cotton ball thing, that's funny! my email is cmmorley_07@yahoo.com send me an invite!
Post a Comment