Friday, July 18, 2008

Apron Making 101...

After trying my hat at a baby sling sewing class, I decided that it would be fun to attempt an apron.  After being promised that the class was suitable for beginners, Meagan, Katie, Amberly, Sydnie and I all signed up. Even though it took us nearly five hours, (cut us some slack, we're beginners, remember?) it was so much fun!  I think I'll have to try another apron now that I've got it all figured out.  I'll have to wear it tonight when I make dinner... oh wait, I don't cook dinner!  Good thing it's cute enough just for looks!

HPIM0228.jpg
Me, Katie, Meagan, & Amberly 

8 comments:

Amanda said...

You made aprons without me! Ah I so wanted to do that...you'll have to show me when I come home how to do it. I'll give you my 20% discount at the fabric store in trade. haha

You better get good at them too, they'll be great gifts for Christmas! I've already planned for it..just so you know. :)

Wendi said...

20% off for instructions... you've got a deal. When are you coming home because I really do want to make another one?

Amanda said...

I think dad said he was leaving tonight, but my guess it wont be till morning. So don't do it without me, I don't want you getting worn out from it and then not wanting to do it anymore!

Katy said...

I want to make another one too...out of canvas. It has taken all that I have not to run down to the fabric store to get some!!

Kandas said...

Hey- I can't see the picture for some reason, but I am sure it is adorable! I love aprons. My mom and I are making some now! Aren't they cute!!!

Wendi said...

Katie -

You should see the aprons that Meagan and I are working on now! I think your going to need to borrow the patterns (they are even small even to make Ellie a matching one). Apparently you are stronger than Meagan and me, we hit up the fabric store on Friday. I might go broke but at least all have cute aprons :)

Katy said...

I totally want to see them. I was going to make Ellie one that is reverse to mine, so we could be twinners (I know, lame!!). I want to make mine out of canvas, would that work on the pattern you guys have? Now I'm totally jealous!! Did you guys go to the Cherry Tree Cottage?

Jeff. Nikki. Keizya. Reila. said...

Wendyll, Oh how I miss you and your sporadic creativity ness. One day I'll ride my bike with Keizya down to you...I'm just dreading the ride back up the hill, I know, I'm a wimp. I just don't know when you're ever home so I'll give a ringaling. I would love to see your apron, I love mine! Thanks for drawing my name! When is the next club night? I feel the need to see everyone again, is it time yet? Anyway, looks like you're havin fun, and I loved reading your tag! Love ya!