Meagan and I were getting a little cocky about our apron making skills and decided to attempt something a little more challenging...OK, a lot more challenging. We picked up a pattern, material, rickrack, matching thread, and a whole lot of money latter, were on our way. Somehow I always manage to choose hobbies that cost a fortune. Who new that you need a whole new sewing vocabulary in order to read a pattern(note to self...RST means "right sides together")? I'm not kidding when I say that I had to un-pick my rickrack four times! After a few YouTube tutorials, several un-picking jobs, and a promise to not let this be just another one of those projects that I never finish...the final product!!!Disclaimer: Don't zoom in too close or you might see my crooked seams!
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Round Two
Posted by Wendi at 7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
Wend, I'm totally down for a GNO project night! That sounds like something I really want to be at! Seriously, let me know, cuz I'm in. Your aprons turned out soo cute! I love mine, seriously. Sometimes I just want to wear it for the day cuz it's so cute and comfy! Not to mention, a handy quick rag when my hands get wet when I'm cooking. Can you start a cooking class? I'm signed up already, I don't know if you knew you were teaching, but you are. I'm excited for your cookbook. And I know exactly what you mean about unfinished projects. I actually just made a pact with me myself and I, that I wouldn't start one more project until I finished all the unfinished's at home. I'm gaining ground already. Anyway, sorry for the long comment, but let me know about the GNO project night! I'm there!
Wow-you're amazing. I'm on the path to learning the sewing vocabulary as well...but I'm going to keep rectangular objects as my first projects (pillows, curtains...). When I am brave enough to attempt aprons, I'll give you a call! First on my list--get a sewing machine...
So CUTE!! I haven't finished mine yet. Good job!
You are seriously amazing! I can't believe the stuff you do! WOW! So when is club do you know
I NEED that pattern!! They look so cute...you guys need to make another one with me though...I would have never figured out RST!
Hello crafty girls! Those are darling! Your going to have to teach me your sweet skills :)
Okay, those are so cute!! I am not big on the whole cooking thing(I know, I'm horrible!) but I think I would definately be excited if I could wear a cute apron!! I love them! How do I get one?
Hey you! You would be proud... I have had my material for my apron for over a month now and my mom and I finally made them yesterday!! My seams are pretty bad too, (even though I am sure your's aren't). You better be at club in a few, I am excited to see everyone!!
Post a Comment